spaghetti with meatballs for Helen and with anchovies for me. The best anchovies I have ever had. Yum!! I am loving the seafood in Italy. And a nice glass of light red to go with it of course. Continued to the beach (not sand but pebbled beach). There were plenty of people swimming but we didn't. Positano is very touristy but very beautiful. Made our way slowly back up to the top road to get the bus around 5 I guess but that proved to be a bit of a problem. It is impossible to relate the chaos that was the 'bus stop'. The roads are quite narrow and there were people on both sides waiting for buses as well as cars, buses, taxis and millions of motor bikes all going out of Positano just at this Y section of the bus stop. To make it worse people came along and just pushed in wherever and subsequently, when the bus actually did turn up it was overflowing and not everyone could get on. We missed out so waited at least another 1/2 hour. This time the elbows were out and we were getting on no matter what!! Felt a bit sick on the way back. The road is so windy. Then the train back to Portici. It was at the station when we got there so we quickly jumped on checking it was the Naples train. However, we failed to check that it was stopping at Portici which it wasn't!! Got off one stop before, waited 1/2 an hour then got the next train. Short walk home and aside from me tripping on a sticking up pavement stone and hitting the deck rather hard, it was uneventful. I must acknowledge that Helen did not laugh when I fell over, at least not immediately!! We had a great day yet again.
Sorrento












No comments:
Post a Comment